10.23.2011

All that and a Cup of Soup

College presents obstacles that are only experienced when living with someone who is not blood family, and boy oh boy am I experiencing that. Sometimes compromise is needed to make relationships work. But how do you do that when stubbornness prevails, and neither party is willing to back down. I am done fighting to make things stay calm and peaceful. While I held the peace, I lost my self. I need to be able to be me. Cheery, peppy, optimistic me. So that's what I am doing. But not the way I think is best, I am letting God court me, treat me, pamper me. I am His princess, after all.

I am done pointing the finger saying its because of her that I am frustrated or annoyed. Because it is not her fault. I should not give her the power to control my attitude. I am in control of me, my feelings. I am sitting here sippin my cup of Campbell's Creamy Tomato soup, thinking that I have lost my self. I have not stayed true to me. I have been the only one compromising to fit the situation. So here is me taking it back. I have the right. And gosh dang it! I am going to take it. I am listening to Take Me I Am by Lecrae. And unlike me, God takes us as we are. Thank You God. Because I am not perfect and I got thoughts full of selfish ambition and hate. Which is far from what I am. So God, help me love like you love. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment