10.19.2011

The little things

I have noticed that we have all had very challenging weeks, well for my that's been an understatement. This morning though, I felt so peaceful when I woke up. Not sure if its because I am exhausted, but I don't feel stressed. So for everyone having a stress filled week, I want to pray peace and joy and all the little things over you. This week, I have focused a lot on " the little things" the details, trying not to be too negative, then I realized God is a detailed person and does all the little things, just like a good boyfriend should do, which has been a struggle. So as encouragement, focus on the little things, like that ray of sunshine that warms your cheek, or that smile a stranger giving you in the hall way. And try to do the little things for others, like really listen to people, I have noticed that that is one of the best things I can do away at college, is just truly, and genuinely listen. 
The little things mean more than people want to admit too. Our society teaches us to focus on the BIG things, like turning 18 or 21, getting married, Graduating, all of which are very important, but what about all the little things that lead up to that, like turning 20, or making smart decisions so you live to see the day after you turn 21. Or the first time you talked to your future spouse, were there sparks? or did you just pass them by? Graduating is a HUGE deal, but what about day 53 of freshmen year? Did it count? or what about day 162 of senior year? what was so great about that? The little things all lead up to the great.

No comments:

Post a Comment